Py4J 0.7 has just been released!
This release includes the following new features:
- Major refactoring to support Python 3. Thanks to Alex Grönholm for his patch.
- The build and setup files have been totally changed. Py4J no longer requires Paver to build and everything is done through ant. The setup.py file only uses distutils.
- Added support for Java byte: byte array are passed by value and converted to bytearray or bytes.
- Py4J package name changed from Py4J to py4j.
- Bug fixes in the Python callback server and unicode support.
The specific issues are discussed on GitHub.
Installing Py4J is one pip away: pip install py4j
Although I’m still using Py4J everyday, I do not need many more features so future development will be mostly driven by feature requests and bug reports. Feel free to contact me or to write a feature request on GitHub!
I shall blog soon about a small and hidden feature that I introduced in the Py4J eclipse default server this morning and that made it into 0.7…